Founded by two local passionate vegans, V MARKET is the metroplex’s first all-vegan pop-up market, and our mission is to bring local businesses that offer vegan-friendly, sustainable and ethical products together for one day every 6 to 8 weeks! We’re a small niche market who loves to partner with local businesses to offer a fun and unique shopping experience to consumers who are interested to find ways of being more mindful and compassionate with their purchasing, while also having the objective to help small businesses who help contribute to our local economy.
- Animal agriculture is responsible for 18 percent of greenhouse gas emissions, more than the combined exhaust from all transportation.
- Livestock and their byproducts account for at least 32,000 million tons of carbon dioxide (CO2) per year, or 51% of all worldwide greenhouse gas emissions.
- Animal agriculture water consumption ranges from 34-76 trillion gallons annually.
- Growing feed crops for livestock consumes 56% of water in the US.
- 2,500 gallons of water are needed to produce 1 pound of beef.
- 477 gallons of water are required to produce 1lb. of eggs; almost 900 gallons of water are needed for 1lb. of cheese.
- 1,000 gallons of water are required to produce 1 gallon of milk.
- Animal agriculture is the leading cause of species extinction, ocean dead zones, water pollution, and habitat destruction.
We believe more people would choose earth-friendly plant-based options if more options were available. Even if you aren’t a full-time vegan, eating plant-based and choosing ethical and sustainable products whenever possible can have a huge impact on our planet. Together, we can all support local small businesses who choose to offer such products!